Happy New Year! I hope you had a fantastic holiday season! Ours was a very busy household celebrating with family and friends. I hosted 4 parties within a week. I honestly think I should be an event planner LOL! Between Christmas Eve, Christmas day, Reese’s family birthday party and New Years Eve, it was a whirlwind to say the least, but we wouldn’t have it any other way. We LOVE to entertain!
Lets chat New Years resolutions. I have really never been one to make a New Years ‘resolutions’ because for most people they are not attainable. In years past, I would always do the traditional food reset due to holiday weight gain but since I have been Keto for 14 months, I am happy to report I don’t need to make that a resolution anymore. Having gone Keto I now have food freedom and it is awesome! What does food freedom mean? I am glad you asked! Here is MY definition.
Food Freedom: When you find a happy place with food not having to count Macros or calories anymore! You know what foods work and don’t work for you because you feel miserable when you eat them, and you can actually say NO to those foods without feeling deprived.
Here is a definition I found on google:
When I was on the standard American diet, I honestly was miserable 😦 I was always hungry, bloated, had joint inflammation and just overall sluggish – too many carbs and sugar is hidden in everything. Keto literally changed my life with food. When I cheat I feel miserable and I don’t like that feeling at all so now I think twice about eating something out of my norm. I have found I am best on protein, veggies and minimal carbs (40 grams and below). And yes, I still drink on Keto (I get asked that question all the time) but not the sugary drinks anymore and it is very limited. 3-4 days a month. I now know what my body can handle.
My Top 4 attainable Fitness resolutions:
- Keep it Keto! No worries here – I’ve go this! I am never looking back!
- Keep growing my Facebook Keto group. The activity is fantastic! We are motivating each other, sharing recipes, and just helping each other by keeping each other accountable. I am not a doctor or a nutritionist and I don’t claim to be one. I have learned so much in the last 14 months and I just want to help others by sharing my journey. Want to join the group? Comment here and I will add you.
- Continue to help people get healthy through my It Works business. The products have helped me tremendously over the last 4 years, especially the Keto line, and I love sharing them with you! I love putting together plans for my clients.
- Motivate YOU to move every single day! Whether it be going to the gym, taking a yoga class, going for a walk or run. Exercise is so important mentally and physically. I am such an exercise nut and want to share this passion to motivate you to move more in 2019.
Top 4 Non-Fitness related resolutions:
- Be in the moment and put the phone down. I honestly think everyone should try this. We are so connected to our phones since they have EVERYTHING on them from family calendars to grocery lists etc. We just need to put them down more. I am so bad at this and my plan is to not be tied to it. Possibly even set ‘quiet’ hours after 7 pm. I will let you know how it goes.
- Family board game night once a week – did you know my favorite game as a child was operation? I loved it so much I bought it as one of our family gifts for Christmas!
- More one on one time with the each kid. Karl and I want to take each kid out on a ‘date’ at least 2x this year. We do a lot together as a family of 6, but it is also important for one on one time with each child.
- Read or listen to one book a quarter. I am not a ‘reader’….. If there is something that needs to be done, I have to get it done before I can sit down. I actually feel guilty if I read. I know it sounds stupid, but I do. I am a busy body and like to get stuff done taking care of all the things for my family. I have started listening to books on audible or podcasts when I’m driving, working or cleaning. To me that is a WIN WIN. I am getting something done and either ‘reading’ or learning something new. A few of my favorite podcasts are Keto for Women (I have learned a ton about Keto), Rachel Hollis’ Rise podcast, and Young House Love to name a few.
I hope this gives you some ideas of attainable goals and not just goals that are out the window by Valentines Day. If you are interested in my Keto Facebook group, leave a comment and I will add you!
What are your attainable goals? I would love to hear from you!
I am off to plan Reese’s friend birthday party for next Friday! I am telling you I need to be an event planner.
P.S. I would love it if you followed me here so you never miss a post. Click on follow and enter your email address. Thanks for your support!